AI workflow - Cordyceps decay

Midjourney -> Photoshop -> ArtEngine ->Toolbag with some setup in 3DSMax. I prompted Midjourney to create some rot and decay, and after several variations found something that lost tiled. I used ArtEngine to generate textures for a material, making use of the latest AI Normal Generation and Albedo nodes. I used a neural filter in Photoshop to generate a simple depth map, which I blended with a Normal to Height node before exporting to Toolbag 4.

Animation showing fungus growth, 3DSMax and Toolbag

I played with the hue here and ended up with some icky bacon entrails

I played with the hue here and ended up with some icky bacon entrails

Displacement with animated UVs and volumetric SSS

Midjourney raw then AO, height, roughness, albedo and normals from ArtEngine

Midjourney raw then AO, height, roughness, albedo and normals from ArtEngine

Closer to original Midjourney palette

Beauty and albedo

Beauty and albedo

Normals and grey

Normals and grey

Context shot on a cylinder with noise, detail is from the height and normal maps, with volumetric SSS

Context shot on a cylinder with noise, detail is from the height and normal maps, with volumetric SSS